The ALAS project aims to shorten the gap between research and economy with latest research activities in the fields of optics and laser processing, by providing an innovative, adaptive laser cladding system with variable spot size to end users. Thus, Europe’s SMEs will be empowered to strengthen their global market position as the productivity will increase due to shortened setup times, flexibility gain and controlled quality.
The main features of the ALAS system are:
- Simple interfacing with the operator
- Adapted to complex geometries, thanks to track width variation
- Real-Time laser power control to avoid heat accumulation in the part to be processed
- Compact design that minimize the safety laser requirements of the traditional laser cells
- Provision to interface with the rest of elements of the laser cell.
ALAS is supported by the European Commission and puts together 5 SMEs located in 4 different countries, 3 RTD performers in 3 different countries which provide experts from different knowledge areas involved in the design and development of an adaptive laser cladding adapted to complex parts.
The coordinator of the project is AIMEN
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement No 315614.